Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Stop and think

Kids are mean! I don't care if you say you go to church or help at the homeless shelter, if you have the audacity to say the words "you're such a fat pig," then you deserve the title of mean girl. I am so sick of all the negativity that comes out of 8th graders mouth sometimes. If you don't like me for me, then don't bother being my friend! I'm not going to change for anyone. Like the other day I was walking to my 4th period class and I heard one of the 7th grade girls, who thought she was all that, say something that really bugged me! She had pulled another girl into the middle of a crowded area and told her "you wear that ugly shirt to school everyday!" she was pushing the poor girl around and embarrassing her in front of everyone! I was thinking, as if anyone cares! In fact I got so mad at what the girl was saying that I turned around and yelled, "well you wear that ugly face to school everyday but nobody says anything to you..." at that moment I had realized what I said. All though it was uncalled for, I felt good! I'm proud to say that I stood up for that one person who seemed like she was having a bad day. I can guarantee you that the mean girl felt ashamed of what she had said and how she had acted because as soon as all of her little peppy "friends" giggled, she ran off with that look of regret on her face. See, life is too short to deal with all the annoying drama. If the highlight of your day is telling someone that they're ugly or fat, then there is something much more wrong with the situation. You must be feeling pretty terrible to make someone's life harder. Stop with the silliness. Its NOT your place to judge someone else! My name is Samantha, or Sam, and I don't give a crap what the "popular" girl has to say! I am opinionated, I have an attitude, I can be very aggressive, but I am not a mean girl. I don't wake up to go to school and tell someone how bad they look, I don't live to call people fat pigs... whoever is reading this right now, I want you to stop and think: is that you? Do you say those things or are you the one who lifts the spirit of others up when they get told that nasty stuff. I want you to go to school, or your job, or where ever tomorrow, and compliment as many people as you can. Even if its as simple as "I love your hair today!"
I dare you...

No comments:

Post a Comment